Friday, April 25, 2014

On Star Wars Day

We are coming up on our 1 year wedding anniversary! I'm so happy! I still feel like a newly wed. And when I think about our wedding and our journey to get to it, I could cry with how happy I am.

There were so many times in my life when I wanted to be alone. I did not want to go through a heart break and I thought the easiest way to keep that from happening was to just forever be alone.

A few years ago, that changed. I couldn't stand the thought of not sharing my life with someone. I have watched my brother be alone, not having anyone to talk to, to trust, or to love. It makes me very sad. And I thought about my grandpa that passed away when I was 18. He had to be so lonely at the end. My brother and I had gotten to be teenagers with "better things to do" than visit with him. My mom had a toddler with barely any time for anything but her. So we all failed him his last few years. And I can't image his loneliness.

One night I thought about all the bad parts of my life and I thought about all the good parts. The good parts always included sharing it with someone. And the bad parts were usually when I was (or felt) completely alone. And I prayed to God to send me someone who I could share my life with - the good and the bad.

And one day, I saw his face. Now I know everyone does not believe in love at first sight and neither did I until this day.

I knew from the moment I saw him, I was gonna marry this boy. My heart felt so full that I thought I must just pass out from joy. I know it is corny and sounds kind of crazy, but it is the God's honest truth.

I can not imagine a day with out Jeremy by my side. I love his sweet smile and his good heart. I love his sweet eyes and how he always tries to make me laugh. I love that when I need to cry, he will hold me and tell me he loves me and everything will be ok because I have him. He tells me how lucky he is to have me as his wife. I love the way he dances with me; he says Baptist don't dance, but he dances with me all the time. And that is love.

Of course we don't always get along, we argue like any other couple. But we forgive and let go because neither of us wants to be unhappy or without the other.

When I think about our wedding day, I cry. I cried that day! But there is so much I wanted to say in front of our family and friends and I got overwhelmed with the love I felt. (I know cornball again!) But y'all it is the truth.

We may have had a Star Wars themed wedding, and some people will think it's silly, but I don't care. We had the wedding we wanted and could not be happier with how it all turned out! We had a blast and we will always remember having a fun wedding. And most importantly, since it was on Star Wars day, he will NEVER forget our wedding date!! Can I get an Amen?!

So as we say: May the Fourth Be With You!

2 comments:

  1. Wow a Star Wars themed wedding! That's so cool. A fun wedding is the best kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was awesome!!
      I have 2 blogs..can't seem to figure out why Google won't let me reply to my other blog comments as ms_la_tn_grl lol I write more on the other blog plus post to YouTube. Thanks for taking the time to read my blog :)

      Delete