Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Mysteriously Sticky Laundry Detergent

We use Tide laundry detergent to wash our clothes. Sometimes if I get a coupon I will get a cheaper detergent and let Brother use it. He likes to have his own things and this is another way to sort of give him individuality. It's not a big deal to many people, but to him it means a lot.

Well, we already know that I like things a certain way, right? And I like things clean and tidy. Call it what you like - OCD, spoiled, or just one of those people who likes everything their way - it doesn't bother me. I am who I am.

And you'd think after living with me for the first 15 years of my life and then the most recent 4 years, someone would know how I like things done. This is not so! When I was a teenager, I had a lot of tiny figurines that I'd collected for years. They were all set out nice and pretty on my big dresser. They were in the spots I liked them in. And my brother would come in and move everything just a little to the right or left to see if I noticed. My mom would tell him not to do it, that I would know and I would get mad. He did it anyway because he was my older brother and had an obligation to aggravate me....I'm assuming. I'd come home and I'd know and there'd be a knock down drag out because he touched my stuff.

Now that I'm older I'm not that bad. I'm not. Really! Okay, maybe I am. Anyways, I don't like my laundry detergent to leak down or make sticky streaks on the side of the detergent bottle. This is normal, right?

I've mentioned this a time or two. If any detergent gets on the side of the bottle when I'm putting it in the washing machine, I wipe it off. It's simple, takes only a minute, and makes me happy. But does anyone else care? Apparently not.

For about three weeks I have noticed detergent getting sticky and gunky on the side of my Tide bottle. So I asked again to my husband and brother, "Will you please wipe it off?" Neither of them have used this detergent they say. They have been using the cheaper one, to get it empty. Ok, so no one but me is using this detergent. I'm OCD and clean the bottle after every use, yet it's gross? That doesn't sound right.

So, I get mad and start yelling, "Well start locking all the doors during the day! Stay in the kitchen area to make sure no one gets in! Because apparently someone is coming in just to use our detergent and washing their clothes! And they're leaving Tide all running down the side of my bottle."

I don't know what makes me more mad - that someone is lying or that the bottle has gross streaks on the side. It's equal really!

Please, for the love of all things good and clean, please, wipe your detergent bottles people!

No comments:

Post a Comment