Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Little About Me

So, it's been on my mind lately to start a blog about what it's like to be newly married and taking care of a sibling with mental illness. I have started this a couple of times before and never kept it going. Let's see if I can commit this time around!

I'm currently 32, a newly wed, a home-owner, and a sister to an adult with mental illness. I love my life, I truly do! I'm happy, I'm a nerd (who's in love with another nerd), and I love my brother. It's tough though - living with someone who hides all his feelings and thoughts. Especially because his thoughts could be dangerous for his well being and possibly ours. But we make it through, just like everyone else. :-) 


The hubs and I are working on making our first padawan. We hope to get pregnant within the year. Wish us luck!!

I have a new job that I really enjoy. It helps that I'm mostly alone in the office, as I'm not what you would call a "people person". I like people, just not very many, and not for long periods of time. Yea, I'm that girl.

My husband has a great job! He has the proverbial nerd job. I'll let you guess at that ;-)  He's happy and he makes me happy. Everyday he treats me as if he is falling deeper in love with me, isn't that awesome!

So....this is my 1st post, let's hope you like it and I keep them comin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment